Additional to the unique characteristics that the app enjoys by being part of the platform, YourID’s app offers several specific advantages when compared to other apps that offer online and physical access control:
• Password-less Authentication, which is very convenient since it eliminates the need for usernames, passwords, tokens, SMS codes, etc., that other apps still depend upon.
• Frictionless Authorization, allowing you to access any online or physical premise without tedious process.
• It is far more versatile since it can be used for many different scenarios.
It offers a higher security level, as shown by its (pending) certification according to the U.S. Government Approved Protection Profile for mobile apps, and EAL1+.
YourID offers an API to be integrated into existing apps, allowing to use YourID’s platform right away. Furthermore, the app offers the following identification functions:
• Device’s biometric sensors will be used to unlock user certificates to identify for the YourID platform. Within the different types of sensor are fingerprint (Touch ID or Android), face recognition system (Face ID), retina sensor and voice recognition among others. It requires that the device has a secure encryption environment to store keys.
• Biometric multifactor ID, enrolling different types of biometrics (Fingerprints, Face, Voice, Signature) by using device cameras and sensors. YourID will allow for a reliable and highly secure way to identify you, and provide maximum privacy, as this biometric information will be stored securely in the device.
• The app can show the details of a transaction performed by you. You provide authorization by accepting and signing it.
• By using the app together with the PC, the mobile phone can act as an identification and authorization device. The app can connect with any website using QR codes and the phone’s camera.
• The enrolment procedure can include an identity scan and verification, performed by an external Identity Verification Service provider (for example Mitek, Netverify or Trulioo). The identity can be verified against databases of information.
• The app can identify you through a selfie, that will be compared with the ID that has been provided.
• The app allows you to digitally sign transactions, by using advanced signatures through digital certificates.
• The app can detect and connect with a nearby certified hardware device (small receiver for physical access), and can transmit your identification to provide access. If the mobile phone supports NFC, it is also possible to connect with NFC.